Calling all Makers: Deadline Submission Approaching for PSoC Pioneer Challenge
Attention makers – we’ve got a challenge for you that will not only allow you to unleash your creative juices, but it could lead you to a free trip to Maker Faire next month! We’re looking for your innovative prototype submissions for the Internet of Things using the PSoC 4 BLE Pioneer Kit from Cypress. This new kit contains CapSense and BLE support, along with over 100 programmable components available in their PSoC Creator IDE software.
We want you to think outside the box. Be creative. Be innovative. Don’t limit yourself. Submissions can range from a simple temperature sensor to a sophisticated home security system, or something unique like a coffee pot that can tweet its own temperature! Don’t overthink things – creativity doesn’t mean overly complex. We want projects that technically utilize the capabilities of the solution, that demonstrate those capabilities, and whose overall design is novel and clever.
What are you waiting for? Get your submission in before Monday’s deadline. Here’s all of the important information you need to know:
- Register at com
- Purchase the kit here if you don't have one
- Look at Cypress’ Design Examples for inspiration
- Official rules
- Design Submission Deadline: April 06, 2015 (11:59pm PDT)
- Public Voting: April 07 – April 15, 2015
- Winners Announced: April 24, 2015
- Maker Faire Bay Area: May 16 – May 17, 2015
- Grand Prize Winner: $2,500 for travel to Maker Faire Bay Are
- Runner-Up Prize: $450 worth of gift certificates from Maker Shed, Arrow Electronics, and Cypress Semiconductor